Sunday 9 October 2011

Consent For Locations

When coming up with ideas about our soap opera we came across the fact that there were no soap operas based on social services. Things like Firemen and Policemen. I thought this was an interesting idea as if we chose firemen and there home lives we could create a really interesting trailer. 
As I was interested in this idea I went on to write a letter to our local fire station:


To whom it may concern

I am a student of Chelmer Valley High School Sixth Form and I am taking an a-level in Media Studies. Currently in class we are creating a trailer for a new soap opera. The course is asking us to create a brand new soap opera for a certain target audience. I am in a group of myself and three other and we are currently brainstorming ideas on what we could base our soap opera on. Some of us had the idea of looking into Fire mans lives and setting the bulk of the trailer in the fire station.

As we were unsure if this was even possible I thought I should take the time to get into contact with you and find out if this is a possibility. I understand if it is not, as I can see how it can be a hindrance to your work.
Thank you for taking the time to read and think about what we are asking

Yours sincerely
Emily Wallace 



I did not get a reply to this letter but I am glad I sent it as it gave us a chance to think out side of the box for our soap opera.

No comments:

Post a Comment